The Magick of the Moon
- Timing of the Moon & the Tides (Sea)
- Moon Phase Correspondences for Magick
- Timing (hour) for Moon Magick
- Moon Magic through the Zodiac
- Dark moon rite
- Full moon rite
The proper Moon phase is one of the keys to success in Spell casting. There are many Spells that I do on the night of the Full Moon for maximum effect and potency.
The Moon effects everything and can effect our moods and actions. Ever notice that people seem to be more wound up and crazy during the Full Moon? I see it all the time.
There are four phases of the Moon… New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon and the Waning Moon. Each of these phases has a 7 day period for doing your Magical workings. If you add these phases up, you come up with the 28 day lunar month. The time period for each phase is… 3 days before to 3 days after. This gives you plenty of time to plan and do you Spell casting.
Not everyone can plan on doing Magic on one certain day, so this opens the window of opportunity for those of you who have a busy schedule. Here is what the different phases are normally used for in Magic.
On this page I’ve included a run-down of the various moon-phases and what they mean in your life. Keep in mind that one is not limited to following the meanings too rigidly.
For example: If you need to bring money into your life and it’s the waning moon ask that your bills be removed or that your needs be lessened.
Moon Phases for Magickal workings
The energy of the moon is well documented, not only by us occultists, but by all who earn a living from the land or sea. Think fishermen, farmers and all people who live from the land!
Look at the different phases of the moon listed below, and do your spell working according to the moon phase.
· The Moon is full in the sky
· Full energy
· This Moon gives high impact results and is perfect for attraction spells of any kind.
· Great time to explore and find your true path and purpose in life.
· Esbat celebrations
· The Moon is growing smaller in the sky, this occurs after the Full and before the New Moon.
· Energy is reduced
· Good time to perform spells with the purpose and intention of getting rid of something that no longer serves you to reduce an obstacle
· It’s a great time to give up a bad habit (Eg addiction, limiting or negative belief)
· No moon is visible in the sky.
· Traditionally, this is a time of introversion and rest.
· Good time for spells that ask for peace and creative flow.
· Experienced witches can use this time for powerful healing through positive hexing.
· This occurs the day after the Dark Moon and is good for fresh starts and renewal.
· Traditionally a time to make 7 wishes.
· A great time for spells of health and for the beginning of projects or businesses
· The Moon is growing larger in the sky, after the New Moon and before Full.
· Energy is growing and expanding
· It’s a good time to perform spells with a purpose and intention of growth and moving towards something you desire.
· It’s a wonderful time to ask for more money, more positive relationships and better health.
· Wonderful for prosperity spells
· Perfect for asking for body vitality, a pay rise, a new job, more recognition.
Moon Phase Correspondences & Rites for Magical Workings
|Full Moon energy is used for banishing unwanted influences in your life; protection magick; and divination.
It takes about 14 days of growing bigger for the moon to grow or wax completely full — that night you will see the Full Moon rise as a perfect circular disk. This is the Light of the Moon, and it is reserved for light works and dedications to benevolent lunar deities. It is used for celebrations and prayers for peace.
Planning, releasing, and working backwards in time are done on the full moon as well.
It is said the best Full Moon magick can be conjured for seven days: the three days prior to the Full Moon, the night of the Full Moon itself, and three days after the Full Moon.
Sometimes the results of Full Moon magick can take approximate one moon cycle to take hold and come to completion.
|The New Moon is used for personal growth, healing, the blessing of a new project or venture, etc.
New Moon’s are all about releasing and letting go so the new can emerge. On a New Moon, it is often a good time to go within and spend some time clearing through your subconscious mind.
The New Moon often represents the planting of a seed, and the darkness that seed experiences before it begins to bloom.
To have two New Moon’s in one month signifies a very powerful blossoming process and one that has probably been in the works for some time.
|The three days before the New Moon is known as the dark of the moon. This is when you can’t see the moon at all in the heavens.Traditionally, this is a time when no magick is performed.
It is a period to give yourself a break; a time of rest.Deep meditation and vision questing can be performed now, but not for a specific magickal purpose. However, The Crone, or the Dark Mother, rules this time, and if her magick is needed, now is the time when you should use it.
|The period between the New Moon and the Full Moon is called the Waxing Moon. This is a good time for attraction magick, especially between the New Moon and the First Quarter|
|The period between the Full Moon and the New Moon is called the Waning Moon. This is a time for banishing and rejecting things in our lives that we no longer wish to carry around with us. Negative emotions, bad habits, diseases, and ailments can successfully be banned during this time.
Black Moon’s are ultra feminine and represent a time of great awakening and clarity. Black Moon’s are extremely powerful and often indicate a sharp turning point in a cycle.
If you are in doubt about anything in your life, you may find it beneficial to wait to see what energies and what opportunities the Black Moon brings you.
For example, the Sept 30 2016 Black Moon is a great time to ask for a miracle…
“September’s Black Moon is filled with positive aspects and plenty of opportunities. In fact, the entire week leading up to the Black Moon and the days that follow it, are going to be extremely positive and peaceful.
The energy of this Black Moon is so supported by the other planets and it is very likely we will all be experiencing great epiphanies, opportunities and even, miracles.
In fact, this Black Moon is going to deliver an extremely positive force, helping us to manifest all of our greatest dreams, wishes and desires
If you have been looking to change or shift something in your life, if you have been building new ideas or projects, this Black Moon is really going to give you an amazing push in the right direction.