A Manifesto of Apocalyptic Witchcraft
You will find witchcraft at the end of a pointed finger…. To prettify witchcraft is as ill-judged as to disfigure it. You cannot deny the Goddess in any form of cast lantern light or play of shadows. You cannot say white witchcraft or black witchcraft without doing violence to Her complete being. It is time we heal this wound. Consider the words of the Thunder Perfect Mind: I am the Whore and the Holy One’.
This week, I would like ti introduce you to an interesting set of “guidelines” to consider. The modern witch is torn between doing what is right for society (a hopeless task), and doing what is right within her community (also, and for most part, another hopeless task). Your only hope at personal sanity, is to form a set of guidelines to live your life. I feel the 33 point manifesto below provides a marvelous starting point.
‘It’s all blood and roses from here on in. As witches, we should prepare to fly on the wings of the storm’.
- If the land is poisoned then witchcraft must respond.
- It is not our way of life, it is life itself which is under threat.
- Witchcraft is our intimate connection to the web of life.
- We are Witchcraft.
- Our World has forever changed. The trodden paths no longer correspond. Witchcraft thrives in this liminal, lunar, trackless realm.
- We are storm, fire and flood.
- We will not be denied.
- Witchcraft is the recourse of the dispossessed, the powerless, the hungry and the abused. It gives heart and tongue to stones and tress. It wears the rough skin of beasts. It turns on a civilisation that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
- If you have no price you cannot be bought. If you do not want you cannot be bribed. If you are not frightened you cannot be controlled.
- Witchcraft is folk magic, the magic of the people and for the people.
- We call an end to the pretence of respectability.
- We will not disarm ourselves.
- The War is upon us.
- Choose then to become a Mask.
- Those with nothing left to lose will dare all.
- There is one Witchcraft under many names. There is one Grand Sabbat on one mountain. There are many ways to fly. There is no witness present at the Sabbat.
- Witchcraft is a force, not an order. Witchcraft is rhizomatic, not hierarchic. Witchcraft defies organisation, not meaning. We simply bear the marks.
- Witchcraft is power and possesses this in ekstasis, sex and ordeal.
- Witchcraft is unbridled sexuality. In witchcraft it is the woman who initiates. We challenge man to be the equal of this woman.
- Witchcraft is the art of inversion.
- Witchcraft is the beaut which is terror.
- Witchcraft is a myth, which drawing on the past, clothes itself in the symbols of (its) time. Witchcraft does not mistake myths for history, it harnesses them to transform the future. Witchcraft knows the ground upon which it stands.
- Witchcraft honours the spirits. Witchcraft enchants for the lost. Witchcraft will not forget.
- Witchcraft embodies our ancestors and saints, they carry us with them.
- To Her is offered the blood, to use the care of the ask and bones.
- The example we follow is our own.
- The practice of witchcraft is one of revolution and of the power of woman.
- The Goddess who speaks through us is known among men as Babalon.
- Witchcraft concerns itself with mystery. Through the gates of mystery we come to knowledge. Knowledge enters us through the body. The highest form of this knowledge is Love.
- Every drop of blood is sacrificed to the grail. Love cannot be bought with any other coin.
- We seek and drink this wine together.
- Will is finite, passion infinitely renewed.
- Witchcraft is present, its is ensanguined and vivified. Witchcraft is prescient, it gazes on the future. Witchcraft is oracular, it will not hold its tongue. Our time has come.
These 33 points are from this book of wisdom by Peter Grey.